Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Summer Furniture Projects

I LOVE love LOVE the fall.  I love the leaves changing, the weather cooling, the pumpkin-flavored goodies, the CLOTHES! and even the football.  I have my boots lined up in my closet ready to go, sweaters in tow, and scarves waiting.  I even tried to wear a scarf today (it was cool this morning, I swear), but by mid-day with temperatures reaching the upper 80s... it was pretty sweltering.  All that to say, come on fall!!!

I did take advantage of the somewhat less scorching heat by resuming my furniture projects today!  It was really fun at the beginning of the summer, fun enough to push through the sweat and Georgia heat.  But come July in the dirty south... I just can't stand to be outside for more than 5 seconds, much less exerting myself.  Hence a hiatus from furniture projects.

I did manage to do a couple projects at the beginning of the summer that I have not posted, so here they are now!

BEFORE:  This was a chest of drawers that was at my in-laws house.  After I refinished it, we found out it was a part of Jonnie's baby room.  Aww.  It had been painted a couple times since then, and had some knobs mysteriously missing.


AFTER:  This is in our "breakfast nook" type area and houses all of our office supplies.  I wanted to do a fun pop of color, so I went with Behr Arizona (a match for AS Arles).


I even re-lined the drawers with some pretty drawer liner I had laying around.  Then in a sudden bust of creativity, I had the thought to make a pretty matching picture frame with the scraps and a frame I got at the thrift store!


Too bad I didn't realize the frame was 5x7.  Who has 5x7s??  I still haven't put a photo in this frame but it's the thought that counts, right?


Another project that my friend Mallory helped me with this summer was a coffee table for our good friend Laura.

BEFORE:  
Shiny oaky coffe table.

AFTER:
 
Shabby chic coffe table!  This is Behr Outback (A match for AS Versaille).

Super cute in their living room!

So there they are.  I'm currently working on a hutch/china cabinet that took FOREVER to paint today.  Totally exhausted but I think it's going to be really pretty.  Tonight calls for some fro yo for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment