Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

You're on my half!

Ask my college roommates, if anyone sleeps like a log, it is me. My head hits the pillow and I drift ever so easily into a glorious state of deep, relaxing sleep. (This is also how I received the nickname "banchee" in college... they found out what I was like if woken from my much loved slumber). I love to sprawl out, legs and arms extended, and enjoy the full span of my bed as I snooze.

Enter... husband. On the honeymoon we enjoyed the benefits of a king size bed - plenty of room for both of us to spread out and sleep easy. Yeah... not so much in our quaint little suburban apartment. Night two of squeezing into our queen size bed made for some hilarity last night... conversation began as follows:

"Scoot OVER! You have SO much room over there!"
"Whatever I'm about to fall off over here, YOU scoot over!"

So, we did what any mature, married couple would do. We counted the wooden slats on the headboard and divided it by two.

"There are SIXTEEN slats, one two three four five six seven EIGHT - you are OVER your half!!!"

Now I know you're probably shaking your head in disapproval... aren't they supposed to snuggle all night long? They're newlyweds for goodness sake! Well those of you who are married... oh you know what I'm talking about. Touching is only ok for the first five minutes, and then when it is sleep time... you better get out of my half of the bed.

I have to learn how to sleep more straight, or get husband a nice twin bed to sleep in. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha love it!!!
    Jonnie...Have fun with our Banchee :)
    To quote your wife, one time we woke her up from her blissful sprawled out rest and she came storming out of the room saying, "Someone had BETTER be on FIRE!"
    :) And good luck with the 8 slats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we do the same exact thing! But do not despair, I am learning to sleep in a less sprawled out manner. At least until we can upgrade to a king sized bed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i am going to love this new blog.....as long as you keep posting....and you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better we went from a beautiful king bed on our honeymoon to a FULL!!!! I brought a full into our marriage and Robert brought a twin! We've been married almost 2 years and would do anything for a queen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. The best sleep I get comes in the 20 some minutes I have between when she gets up to hop in the shower and when my alarm actually goes off. AND we sleep in a King too.

    ReplyDelete